0: solution subscription crashed
1: couldn’t read farmed block count value, summary was corrupted
2: TOML parse error at line 1, column 1
2: |
2: 1 |
2: | ^
2: missing field initial_plotting_finished
2:

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ SPANTRACE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

0: subspace_cli::summary::parse_summary with self=Summary { file: Mutex { data: “/home/minar/.local/share/subspace-cli/summary.toml” } }
at src/summary.rs:191
1: subspace_cli::summary::get_farmed_block_count with self=Summary { file: Mutex { data: “/home/minar/.local/share/subspace-cli/summary.toml” } }
at src/summary.rs:163
2: tokio::task::runtime.spawn with kind=task task.name= task.id=401 loc.file=“src/commands/farm.rs” loc.line=88 loc.col=35
at /home/runner/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/tokio-1.27.0/src/util/trace.rs:16

Environment

• Operating System: Debian 11
  • CPU Architecture: x86_64
  • RAM: 64MB
  • Storage: 1TB
  • Plot Size: 1GB
  • Subspace Deployment Method: cli x86_64-v3 0.3.0 alpha

cat .local/share/subspace-cli/summary.toml

initial_plotting_finished = true
farmed_block_count = 17
vote_count = 169
total_rewards = “0”
user_space_pledged = “1000.0 MB”

Problem

crash

Steps to reproduce

Unsure …

1. subspace-cli-ubuntu-x86_64-v3-v0.3.0-alpha farm

Expected result

• does not crash

What happens instead

crash

[Paste error here]

Thank you for the great report!

Can you let me know if this issue is still present in 0.3.1 @jrwashburn

I saw this on v0.3.0 CLI on MacOS arrch64 with the following error message:

1: couldn't read farmed block count value, summary was corrupted
   2:   |
   2:   | ^
   2: missing field `initial_plotting_finished`
   2: 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ SPANTRACE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

0: subspace_cli::summary::parse_summary with self=Summary { file: Mutex { data: "/Users/dariiap/Library/Application Support/subspace-cli/summary.toml" } }
      at src/summary.rs:191
   1: subspace_cli::summary::get_farmed_block_count with self=Summary { file: Mutex { data: "/Users/dariiap/Library/Application Support/subspace-cli/summary.toml" } }
      at src/summary.rs:163
   2: tokio::task::runtime.spawn with kind=task task.name= task.id=1110435 loc.file="src/commands/farm.rs" loc.line=88 loc.col=35
      at /Users/runner/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/tokio-1.27.0/src/util/trace.rs:16

Will check if it reappears on v0.3.1. I was able to start farming on v0.3.1 without wiping or anything after this error.

I have not had another occurrence; that obviously does not mean it is fixed, but I have not seen it again so far.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update, please feel free to ping back if it comes up again beyond v0.3.0

v0.3.2

:~# subspace-cli info
A farmer instance is active!
Error: couldn’t parse summary file

Caused by:
TOML parse error at line 1, column 1
|
1 | initial_plotting_finished = false
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
missing field vote_count

Different line number / different error on 0.3.2 but still related to summary parsing. Looks like 0.3.3 fixes that, will keep an eye out on 0.3.3.

You have earned: 0 SSC(s), farmed 27 block(s), and voted on 257 block(s)!Error:
1: couldn’t parse summary
2: |
2: | ^
2: missing field initial_plotting_finished
2:

0: subspace_cli::summary::parse_summary with self=SummaryFilePointer { file: Mutex { data: “/home/minar/.local/share/subspace-cli/summary.toml” } }
at src/summary.rs:158
1: tokio::task::runtime.spawn with kind=task task.name=solution_subscriber task.id=565060 loc.file=“src/utils.rs” loc.line=306 loc.col=10
at /home/runner/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/tokio-1.27.0/src/util/trace.rs:16

Suggestion: If you think this is a bug, please submit it to our forums: https://forum.subspace.network

Backtrace omitted. Run with RUST_BACKTRACE=1 environment variable to display it.
Run with RUST_BACKTRACE=full to include source snippets.

Github issue for reference: 🐞 [Bug]: solution subscription crashes because it cannot parse the summary sometimes · Issue #172 · subspace/subspace-cli · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @jrwashburn

@ozgun this summary bug requires a full wipe if i’m not mistaken correct?

Hello! No, wipe is not needed and wont fix the problem. You need to upgrade to v0.3.3-alpha.

Hello. I want to ask for help. Everything has been working since morning. version 0.3.3. Doesn’t show up in the dashboard. TSSC no longer farms. how to be in such a situation?

did you update from an old version? if so, did you wipe when you did so?

Hello. I want to ask for help. Everything has been working since morning. version 0.3.3. Doesn’t show up in the dashboard. TSSC no longer farms. how to be in such a situation?

Looks like your config is off, try re-initializing your farmer, you shouldnt need to wipe luckily.

cc: @ozgun this issue looks to have come back in v0.3.3

Here is a link to a discord discussion Discord

In one case it was @jim-counter who’s power went out and caused this issue again, not sure what exactly caused it in others on v0.3.3

While this is an edge-case i just wanted to mention it incase it was something you wanted to try and improve/handle the unexpected shutdown side of

Soon, the version 0.4.0 will be released. In that version, the summary logic is heavily revamped. I think this bug will no longer be the case in the next version :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have same problem now.

Pulsar built from latest sources from Oct 9 27e88494225630df01a8db9cfc365833c49924ff

Could you try running wipe and say no to everything except summary. Then try farm please? Something like this:

Yes it worked. Didn’t expected that it has separate command for this case.

Some offtop: My node earns much more tokens while plot syncing than while just farming.

Is this known behaviour?

Reported here Discord