How to particiate vote and get vote reward?

Hello
I read the latest article about Gemini III Incentivized testnet:

But not quite understand how to get vote reward.
Can I get more information:

1. What kind of nodes are qualified to vote?
  2. How to vote? Which step in the farming process?
  3. How to calculate the right vote reward?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Finn_Liu happy to help answer your questions!
Just to add some context on voting, let me try and explain it in a easier way.

Imagine you’re participating in a dart competition.

• Block Reward is like hitting the bullseye. Only one person, the most accurate, can hit it and win the big prize. This is analogous to the farmer who successfully produces the next block on the network. They are rewarded for their precision and effort.
  • Vote Reward is like hitting the rings around the bullseye. While not a direct hit, it’s still pretty close! Multiple players can land their darts here. This is akin to farmers who almost “produced” the block or were close to doing so. They didn’t hit the bullseye, but they still get rewarded for their near-miss.

Why Have Both Rewards?
We introduced the voting reward to ensure that more participants get rewarded, and not just the one hitting the bullseye. It encourages broader participation and prevents scenarios where many participants might never get a reward due to the high difficulty level.

How Does Voting Work?

• Who Can Vote? Every farmer node can potentially be a voter if they’re close to solving the block challenge.
  • How to Vote? As you run your farmer nodes, the voting process is automated. If your node’s solution is within the accepted range, it will automatically be considered as a vote.
  • Calculating Vote Rewards: Currently, there’s a set reward for block producers and voters, both receiving 0.1 tSCC. However, the number of votes per block can vary. Let’s say we expect 9 votes per block on average. Sometimes, there might be only one vote in a block, other times there might be 16. The key is that, over time, it averages out to the expected number. Ultimately from your end, there is no need to calculate this other than checking your wallet balance.

If you would like to read more you can refer to this forum post Gemini Rewards Overview, Farmer Update where Diana breaks down some of the math and underlying structures.

Hope this helps broaden your understanding of how voting works :smile:

1 Like

hey, Justin

Thank you so much for your explanation and analysis.

After days of plotting on 3f, I also have one question.

How to identify the plot size on 3f? it is internal code for each farmer or it is just wallet address? We plot different sizes and found the rewards vary.

You should be setting the plot size yourself. This is done when you init Pulsar or provided as a command line parameter to the Advanced CLI farmer when you run it.

hey Justin
Thanks for reply.
I know how to set up my plot size according to the official instruciton.
What I mean in above description is how to IDENTIFY plot size.
For example:

1. I have two plot size with either 500G and two wallet address accordingly.
  2. I have two plot size with either 500G but with only one wallet address.

in above situation, they are the same when I am farming?
From my understanding:
the first one is 500G for each because I have two wallet address.
while the second one has 1T plot size - though there are 2 farmers, there is only one wallet address.

Am I correct?
Thanks

Correct, yes. In your scenario 1 you have 500G worth of rewards going to each wallet. In scenario 2 you have 1T worth of rewards going to a single wallet.

Thanks Jim

in a word, I needn’t care about vote rewards in terms of plot sizes because it will be average due to the network growth. But with a bigger plot size, the block rewards might go up.

Does it make sense?

Vote rewards are just as valuable as block rewards at the moment (0.1TSSC each). The bigger your plot, the greater your chance of winning either. There is a good explanation of the two different types of rewards in the Incentive Structure section on this post.

hey Jim
I did read the post and some details in official blog and some conversation in Subspace community.
I just run several days in some different ways and I am keeping an eye on the rewards all over the network.
From the subspace scan, I can see the average tssc reward is 60+ tssc per T, but the actual situation from my side and most community members are from 10 to 15 tssc/T.
I wanna see where the gap comes from and optimize my work - I believe the more rewards the farmers got, the better they performed, so I also try to help build better in Subspace.