How about my benchmark score

Issue Report

Three days of farming, no rewords.
Please help to have a look at the benchmark test result.
Is this the reason of no rewords?

Environment

• Operating System:
  • Pulsar/Advanced CLI/Docker:

Problem

[Paste any errors or relevant logs here]
root@MC0552CDC5004607:~# ./subspace-farmer-ubuntu-aarch64-gemini-3h-2024-mar-18 benchmark prove /data/farm
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks: Warming up for 3.0000 s

Warning: Unable to complete 10 samples in 5.0s. You may wish to increase target time to 185.0s.
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks: Collecting 10 samples in estimated 184.97 s (10 iterations)
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks: Analyzing
prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks
                        time:   [18.018 s 18.575 s 19.067 s]
Found 1 outliers among 10 measurements (10.00%)
  1 (10.00%) low mild
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector: Warming up for 3.0000 s

Warning: Unable to complete 10 samples in 5.0s. You may wish to increase target time to 374.7s.
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector: Collecting 10 samples in estimated 374.73 s (10 iterations)
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector: Analyzing
prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector
                        time:   [34.969 s 35.684 s 36.412 s]

The benchmark runs 2 prove method.

First is concurrent chunk reading prove, your SSD had 18s on average. Second is whole sector reading prove, your SSD has 34.9s on average.

During farming, farmer is allowed only 3s to prove. So with the result above, your SSD is not good enough to win any reward from farming subspace.

P/S: Usually, NVMe will have prove time around 1s or less and SATA will have prove time about 1.5 - 2s. Your SSD performance seems below the standard of a good SSD.

Absolutely, are you even using an SSD? Those numbers are horrible and look like it might be HDD, which will not work.

SSD is installed on the Subspace Node Server, and share its space to farmer via SSHFS. SSHFS might slow down the SSD performance.

Yeah, as I suspected in Can I use NFS or SSHFS network disk for Subspace farming? - #2 by nazar-pc, SSHFS’s performance would be quite bad. I heard some folks were able to farm with NFS though, but local disks are certainly better.

We did another test on NFS benchmark. Could you please help to have a look.
./subspace-farmer benchmark prove /data/farm/
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks: Warming up for 3.0000 s

Warning: Unable to complete 10 samples in 5.0s. You may wish to increase target time to 76.7s.
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks: Collecting 10 samples in estimated 76.714 s (10 iterations)
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks: Analyzing
prove/plot/rayon/regular/concurrent-chunks
time: [4.3884 s 6.3784 s 8.4218 s]
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector: Warming up for 3.0000 s

Warning: Unable to complete 10 samples in 5.0s. You may wish to increase target time to 211.2s.
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector: Collecting 10 samples in estimated 211.23 s (10 iterations)
Benchmarking prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector: Analyzing
prove/plot/rayon/regular/whole-sector
time: [19.982 s 20.619 s 21.342 s]

Is this score has chance to win the reward?

Concurrent chunks prove is better but the average is still more than 6.3s so it won’t help you to win anything. I’ve formatted the text in bold so next time you can read the result by yourself.

If somehow you can improve the best result to under 3s, currently it’s 4.3884 s, you may have chance to win reward at a small rate.