💔 The bootnode you want to connect provided a different peer ID than the one you expect:

Please provide as much information as possible to help the community/ team resolve your issue quicker

Running jul-27 builds on debian bullseye, farmer and node run fine, but node repeatedly reports " :broken_heart: The bootnode you want to connect provided a different peer ID than the one you expect: …" and seems to be mining a new chain from scratch (based on block height observed in telemetry.)

Telemetry also shows 70+peers, but best height currently reporting in the 2000’s.

1 Like

Hey jrwashburn, thank you for your post and welcome to the Subspace Network forums.

Can you confirm which launch parameters you are using? I assume the default implementations from the documentation?

I checked in today, and it is at the proper height - it looks like the errors are benign, and it was just syncing/catching up.

1 Like

And to answer you question…

subspace-node-ubuntu-x86_64-gemini-1b-2022-jul-27
–chain gemini-1
–execution wasm
–pruning 1024
–keep-blocks 1024
–validator
–name x

Ah, good to see it caught up with no issue :slight_smile: Feel free let us know if you have any further issues or questions!

Just for information, I submitted a PR to update the incorrect bootnode identity to get rid of this error message but was informed the fix will be to revert the node’s identity to what it was.

And yes, the error reports only 1 of the 12 bootstrap nodes has an unexpected identity so there are still plenty to go around.

3 Likes