Does private GPU plot exist on 3h?

This is my question, after I see some whales keep changing the wallet from time to time. There is no reason to do it, except they have something to hide. One of the possible reason is they own the private GPU plot.

Does subspace team ever spend time to investigate if there is GPU plot on 3h? Any abnormal pattern that you can see in the blockchain? I know it is hard to track but does it worth a try?

Next question is, can you share ETA of official GPU plot tool? Will it be available before the mainnet? While there is nothing wrong for someone if he can build a tool and take the advantage for himself ONLY, but at the general level, this will lead to unfair competition and impact the network decentralization.

Most farmers won’t invest more equally if they know they can’t compete fairly to a minority group.

Plot/farm in Windows is now almost optimized (same as Linux now), I believe this is another hot topic to address.

Thanks.

1 Like

No. There were some reports in Discord that someone apparently implemented it, but doesn’t want to share with community :person_shrugging: There is nothing on chain that indicates how plot was created.

There is no ETA right now, there will be announcement and test builds once we have it. You still need physical disk space to store the plots even if you plot faster than others. All small to medium size farmers have probably plotted all their space long time ago.

1 Like

I’ve mined 2M Kaspa by 4 low CPU (10900 and 3 x 10400) and then 1 GPU 3080 for about 2 months when the blockchain was at early stage. Right now, some other guys would have to use ASIC (bought at 20K-80K) and probably will have to mine longer for 2M Kaspa. In crypto, having advantage at start is a big difference.

So a guy with GPU plotter while everyone else don’t will have big advantage.

You know I have with me strong CPU right, but I’m thinking of a fair competition. The project win is still put higher priority than my individual win, I will win with the project.

thanks,

1 Like