What is an Ambassador and what do they do?

I was thinking about what it means to be a Subspace Ambassador this evening.

Then I started to think about the word “ambassador” itself.

It seems like an interesting topic so I figured I would pose the question here:

If you put Subspace and the Subspace ambassador program aside — what image comes to your mind when you think of an “ambassador”? Who are they? What does an ambassador do every day? How do they act? What makes an ambassador successful?

The first thing that came to my mind were international ambassadors that work in foreign embassies. They act as a representative for their country, while their occupation involves working in another country :thinking: I don’t have a ton of experience with embassies, but I remember seeing dozens of them in Washington D.C, and I remember how proud they seemed to be to represent their country by showing off their lavish architecture and landscaping.

I’m curious to know how others imagine ambassadors and ambassadorship Or what experiences helped shape that image For you.

4 Likes

The ambassador term makes me think of the noble mission to herald the values , the nature and the purpose of the country (or project) he engaged to represent :slight_smile:

1 Like

To me, ambassadors are the face of the projects. People who lead others by example and who do their job despite what is going on around them, because they are entrusted with a huge responsibility. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Spot on! :slight_smile:. Very well summed up

In my opinion, ambassadors are people who connect - help the project come closer to the community.

2 Likes

You nailed it, May :slight_smile:

In my humble opinion generally ambassador - person who connects and help other users to interact project.
But if we are more specific - it depends depends on the direction of the group:

Event and content: expand influence to more and more people and improve involvement in project
Development and support: help to improve project stability:

• find some bugs and report about them
  • collect real time feedback from other users
  • testing new version early build
  • make some support content like guides or monitoring features or other improvments (like hardware or virtual tuning)
2 Likes