V3 0.4.1-alpha CLI will not start after graceful shutdown - couldn't serialize summary content

Running 0.4.1 Alpha (ubuntu v3 build). Stopped farmer for some maintenance - reported graceful shutdown. Attempts to restart farmer a few minutes later all fail with error:

gracefully closed the app!
minar@nym2:~/subspace$ ./subspace-cli-ubuntu-x86_64-v3-v0.4.1-alpha farm
Starting node ...
Node started successfully!
Starting farmer ...
Farmer started successfully!
Initial plotting for plot: #0 (/home/minar/.local/share/subspace-cli/plots)

[00:00:00] 100% [████████████████████████████████████████] (953.67 MiB/953.67 MiB) Initial plotting finished!
                                                                                                                  Error: 
   0: waiting on farmer failed
   1: solution subscription crashed
   2: parsing the summary failed
   3: couldn't serialize the summary content
   4: TOML parse error at line 1, column 1
   4:   |
   4: 1 | 
   4:   | ^
   4: missing field initial_plotting_finished
   4: 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ SPANTRACE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

0: subspace_cli::summary::parse with self=SummaryFile { inner: Mutex { data: tokio::fs::File { std: File { fd: 816, path: "/home/minar/.cache/subspace-cli/summary.toml", read: true, write: true } } } }
      at src/summary.rs:114

Suggestion: If you think this is a bug, please submit it to our forums: https://forum.subspace.network/

Backtrace omitted. Run with RUST_BACKTRACE=1 environment variable to display it.
Run with RUST_BACKTRACE=full to include source snippets.

User mentioned that if they wipe summary they are able to start without error, while this is a temporary fix, the user shouldn’t be expected to wipe summary on every reboot.

This error was reported by @jrwashburn and has also been observed by @jim-counter.

1 Like

Tagging @ozgun for visibility

I’m trying to reproduce the error on my side.
Is it possible to share the malformed summary file, and it’s full path?

I think it may be related to null characters, I need to investigate more

1 Like

I will try to reproduce as well.

1 Like

I have not been able to reproduce - sorry. I will try a few recycles on 0.4.2 alpha as well…

1 Like