Environment

• Operating System: Ubuntu
  • CPU Architecture: 10850k
  • RAM: 64GB
  • Storage: 4TB SSD
  • Plot Size: 100G
  • Subspace Deployment Method: CLI

Problem

Won a block at 12:41:31 EST. Not just a farmer vote, claimed the whole block. Half an hour later, had not received a reward. Later on I signed another hash and DID receive a reward, so that should eliminate concerns about reward address being wrong, clock issues, etc.

Claimed block at slot 1663692091
Around height 204069
Wallet st6MrW…6BsPXm

My experience across my nine nodes is that a signed hash -usually- results in a wallet award, but not always. Works maybe 90% of the time.

Would post a screenshot from the block explorer but currently unable to get it to initialize.

Let me know if you need more information.

Qwinn

1 Like

Has this happened again? Have expected rewards not been issued upon a claimed block or farmer vote?

Thanks for the report Quinn! This is an issue were aware of, and working our best on handling. Ultimately its just that this is a case of a “photo finish” if you will of the farmer.

Your farmer finds the challenge answer, signs the answer and submits it. In those few seconds the network has just been submitted to by another farmer with the challenge answer, as such your farmer is just a tad too late to be credited for that reward. If you look at the block that your farmer claims to have won it will show a different address as the reward address.

Its a bit of an edge condition thats actually relatively common on blockchains but we are hoping to have a clearer way to handle this edge case in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like